Mysterious Google Maps island looks just like iconic film star – can you see it?
A GOOGLE Maps user thinks they've spotted an island that looks just like Baby Yoda from Disney's The Mandalorian.
A screenshot of the island has been posted to a popular Reddit thread that discusses strange Google Maps finds.
The Reddit page is described as: "A subreddit for anything and everything to do with Google Maps, Google Earth, and Google Street View."
It has thousands of members who share and discuss their finds.
User u/No_Raptors posted the island image to the Reddit thread and wrote: "Baby Yoda Island".
The island does have two large protruding areas that could be interpreted as Yoda ears.
However, not everyone agreed with this in the comments.
One Reddit user replied: "Looks like a cow to me."
While others claimed the island looked like Shrek, Dumbo the elephant and even Stitch from Disney's Lilo & Stitch franchise.
There are some people who do agree with the Yoda comparison.
One wrote: "I see baby Yoda rapped in a blanket."
Another claimed: "I see old Yoda with his little walking stick laid across his chest."
If you want to check out the island on Google Maps for yourself it's called Gunner's Quoin and it's located in Mauritius.
Google describes it as: "Grass-topped rocky isle with a nature preserve, swarming sharks & ruins of a sugar plantation."
- Read all the latest Phones & Gadgets news
- Keep up-to-date on Apple stories
- Get the latest on Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to get your deleted Instagram photos back
- How to track someone on Google Maps
- How can I increase my Snapchat score?
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How can I do a duet on TikTok?
- Here's how to see if your Gmail has been hacked
- How can I change my Amazon Alexa voice in seconds?
- What is dating app Bumble?
- How can I test my broadband internet speed?
- Here's how to find your Sky TV remote in SECONDS
In other news, WhatsApp will be blocked on millions of phones forever next week.
A US journalist has described his shock after his phone was hacked using military-grade software designed to spy on terrorists and drug lords.
Facebook removes less than three per cent of violent hate-filled posts, a whistleblower has claimed.
The social media giant plans to change its company name as part of a rebrand expected to be announced in the coming days.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Read Full Article