How to automatically add birthdays to Google Calendar and never forget a big day again
- Birthdays in Google Calendar come from details in your Google Contacts.
- When you set up a birthday in Google Contacts, it is automatically added to your Google Calendar.
- To see birthdays in Google Calendar, check the “Birthdays” calendar box under the “My calendars” dropdown menu.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
The only thing worse than forgetting someone’s birthday is wishing them a happy birthday when it’s not their birthday.
If you’re looking for a way to keep track of when to send your friends and family celebratory wishes and a party popper emoji, Google Calendar makes it easy.
When you add a birthday to Google Contacts, the date is automatically synced to your Google Calendar. To make the birthday appear, all you need to do is enable the “Birthdays” calendar in Google Calendar.
Here’s how to add birthdays to Google Calendar from your desktop browser.
How to add birthdays to Google Calendar
- Open Google Calendar. If you do not see a menu on the left-hand side of the window, click the hamburger menu on the upper-left corner to access it.
- If needed, click the arrow to the right of “My Calendars” to expand the section.
- Under “My calendars” check the “Birthdays” box to enable it. If you do not see “Birthdays,” click “Contacts.”
- As long as you set up the birthday in Google Contacts, it should now be visible in Google Calendar.
Quick tip: Enabling the Birthdays calendar does not mean you will get notifications. If you want Google Calendar to send you a reminder, you must create a separate event on your personal calendar and enable notifications.
Source: Read Full Article