How much is CBS All Access? The streaming service's subscription plans, explained
- CBS All Access offers two subscription plans: one with commercial interruptions for $5.99 per month and a commercial-free version for $9.99 per month.
- You get two months free by subscribing on an annual plan. The limited commercial service is $59.99 per year and commercial-free is $99.99 per year.
- If you subscribe to the commercial-free version of CBS All Access you can download shows for offline viewing.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
CBS was one of the first traditionally live TV networks to roll out its own subscription-based streaming channel, CBS All Access. You can use it to watch live TV, stream content from its considerable catalog of televised shows, and even get access to original programming (like "The Good Fight," "Star Trek: Picard," and "Star Trek: Discovery").
CBS All Access doesn't have a free access level — to stream CBS, you need to pay for a subscription. Here's a guide to what CBS charges for each of its CBS All Access plans.
How much CBS All Access streaming plans cost
CBS keeps things pretty simple: There are just two subscription options, though you can opt to pay monthly or annually for either one (an annual subscription is slightly cheaper).
- Limited commercial plan. This basic subscription level costs $5.99 per month and includes commercial interruptions for all content, both live and streaming. There is an annual version of the limited plan that costs $59.99 per year (that's a discount of $12 per year).
- Commercial-free plan. If you upgrade to the commercial-free plan for $9.99 per month, you can stream content without commercial interruption. The commercials don't go away entirely, though; live TV content still has commercials just as if you were watching it over cable. Another advantage of the commercial-free plan: You can download shows to your device for offline viewing. The annual version of the commercial-free plan is $99.99 per year, saving you $20.
If you start a subscription, you can switch from the limited commercial plan to the commercial-free plan at any time, and you can convert from monthly to annual at any time as well.
Both of the annual plans come with a one-week free trial, and CBS occasionally offers one week of free service for the monthly plans as an incentive to try the service.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
You can watch CBS on Roku, but you'll need to download a CBS or live TV app — here's what you should know
How to stream on your Xbox One using the Twitch app
How to stream HBO Max over a cellular connection and watch content without Wi-Fi
Here's how many people can watch HBO Max at once — and how it compares to competitors
'Does Sling TV have local channels?': Here's what you need to know about Dish Network's internet TV service
Source: Read Full Article